Zeppelin is an integrated iPod speaker system from Bowers & Wilkins, makers of the speakers used to monitor the recording of much of the music on your iPod. And those same B&W technologies and systems that world-leading studios depend on have found their way into Zeppelin. So it can fill your room with crisp, deep, lifelike stereo sound that may have you doubting your ears.
A full stereo system in one unit, Zeppelin releases all of the detail and atmosphere in your music. Compact enough to tuck under your arm, it can set you free, as well. Zeppelin allows you to have real hi-fi stereo sound wherever you need it: upstairs, downstairs, or perhaps in a second home. Or you might just need a simpler, smaller, and more stylish replacement for your traditional audio system.
Zeppelin rocks wherever you are, yet it’s simple to set up and use. Plug it in, place your iPod on the docking port, and hit the play button. You can vary the volume on Zeppelin itself, on its remote control, or on the iPod. And connections at the back let you play other sources through Zeppelin or channel images from your iPod to a TV.
Not only is the shape of Zeppelin pleasing to the eye, it’s also based on sound acoustic principles. One of the reasons tweeters are so small is that they disperse the tiny high-frequency waves over a wider area than larger drivers. What is less well known is that the size of the enclosure housing the tweeter also affects this dispersion and that’s why Zeppelin’s body narrows as the drivers get smaller.
* Midrange and tweeter derived from Bowers & Wilkins’ award-winning and class-leading M-1 speaker
* Internal subwoofer driver centrally and deeply located for bass that has power and authority
* Three high-quality amplifiers: one for left, one for right, and one for bass
* Docking port arm that lets you grasp your iPod as if it were in your hand
* Spring-loaded docking port flexes to accommodate each iPod model, eliminating the need for adapters
* Standard AUX port for connecting earlier iPod models, CD players, computers, and more
* Technical features: Digital Signal Processing; digital amplifier; switch mode power supply
* Drive units: One 5 in./125 mm bass; two 3.5 in./90 mm midrange; two 1 in./25 mm metal dome tweeters
* Frequency range: -6dB at 47Hz and 22kHz
* Amplifier power output: One 50 W (bass); two 25 W midrange/tweeter
* Power input voltage: 100V-240V @ 50/60Hz
* Power consumption: 20 W rated; 3.7 W standby
* Inputs: 30-pin iPod dock connector; 3.5 mm mini-jack analog/optical digital (TOSlink); USB 2.0 slave (for software upgrades)
* Outputs: S-video (mini DIN) composite video (RCA phono)
* Enclosure: Polished stainless steel with black trim; grilles of black cloth
* Dimensions (HxWxD): 6.8 x 25.2 x 8.2 in./17.3 x 64.0 x 20.8 cm
* Weight: 16.5 lb./7.5 kg
In the box
* Zeppelin speaker
* Tilt pad (to angle the Zeppelin unit)
* Power cord
Receive latest Post in your mobile